Could you imagine what your life would be like without your water heater? Certainly, you’d no longer want to take those 15 minute long showers! You see, your water heater plays an important role in your comfort, so of course, you don’t want to take it for granted!
Unfortunately, there will come a day when you need to replace your old, worn-out water heater with a brand new system. Don’t be too sad though, a brand new water heater will do wonders for your comfort and your budget. Below, we have listed some of the telltale signs that your system needs to be replaced. All you’ve got to do is keep reading! (And of course, remember to contact our team for expert water heater installation!)
Is It Time for a Replacement?
Like we mentioned above, there are a number of signs that suggest it’s time to say goodbye to your water heater. These signs include:
- The Age of the System: How long has the water heater been in your house? Most systems can last from 15 to 20 years. If a water heater is older than 20 years, it’s usually better to put in a new system, even if the current water heater is working adequately. A decline due to age is going to start soon, and it’s best to get ahead of it with a new water heater.
- Loss of Hot Water Volume: Are you no longer getting the amount of hot water in your household that you’d expect? Have you and your family members been fighting each morning to be the first to take a shower? These are warnings of a water heater that’s in decline and should be swapped out for a new one.
- Rising Heating Bills: Hot water accounts for most of the heating energy used in your home. If the hot water heater starts to work inefficiently due to its age, then it’s a good idea to have it replaced.
- Corrosion: You shouldn’t see corrosion on your water heater until it’s extremely old. If it does appear, it usually can’t be repaired and you must get a new water heater.
- Reddish Discoloration in the Water: If you turn on taps and see a reddish tint to the hot water, it means the inside of the tank is rusting out.
- Too Many Repairs: If you’re getting into the habit of calling for repairs for the water heater more than twice a year, that’s too often. Rather than continuing to throw money at a water heater that’s on its last legs, arrange for a new installation.
Call in a Professional
When the time comes to replace your water heater, you want to make absolutely certain that you’ve hired a professional plumber for the job — otherwise, you could be left with a whole slew of other issues. Trust us, when it comes to your comfort, you don’t want to take any risks!
Schedule your water heater services with the team at Modern Plumbing Industries, Inc. today!