Replacing worn and damaged piping in a home is a task that professional plumbers do often. Even newer homes sometimes will need to have faulty pipes replaced. Whether you need a few parts of your plumbing updated, or if you live in an older home that needs a full replacement of old galvanized steel pipes, make sure that you neither attempt the work yourself nor entrust it to amateurs. Call on experts like the team at Modern Plumbing Industries, Inc. (MPI) for pipe replacement in Winter Park, FL.
Although replacing pipes often involves excavating through building material in walls and floors, with top plumbers on the job, you can expect the work to move fast and leave few signs that the replacement experts were even there.
The Stages of Pipe Replacement From Professionals
- Water shut-off: The plumbers will need to shut off a home’s water in order to work; they will arrange it so this shut-off period lasts for as short a time as possible. For extensive pipe replacement jobs (a whole-house repiping can take 3–5 days), they will do the job so that the water can be restored at the end of each work day so you will not have to go without water for an extended period.
- Locating the pipes: The plumbers find the pipes they will be replacing, using sound equipment to pinpoint the location through wood or drywall.
- Excavation: Now the plumbers make small cuts into the building material framing the pipe section that they will remove. The excavation here is performed careful and done with an eye toward replacing the material later with as little indication that any work was done. For pipes in the floors, the plumbers will—if at all possible—go through the ceiling to reach the pipes from below and leave the flooring undisturbed.
- Replace the pipes: The plumbers will already have decided what type of material they will use as a substitute for the older pipe: copper, PEX, CPVC. They will detach the old pipe and put in the replacement.
- Restoration and resurfacing: The plumbers put back any removed building material to hide the pipe, then take care of patching and re-texturing, making every effort to satisfy you with the final result.
Don’t Hesitate About Necessary Repiping
We hope the description above reassures you that professional repiping isn’t a disruptive or damaging job. If you are dealing with serious leaking issues, loss of water pressure, high water bills, and other plumbing ailments on a regular basis, you should give repiping serious consideration.
Call Modern Plumbing Industries, Inc. (MPI) and schedule an appointment for professional pipe replacement or other plumbing services in Winter Park, FL. With our nearly 40 years of experience, you can trust us to perform the job fast and with as little interruption to your life as possible.