UCF Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences
This 198,000 sq. ft. research facility was the first to begin construction at the new Lake Nona Campus.
- Location: Orlando, FL
- Contractor: The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- Year Completed: 2009
ABC’S 2009 EXCELLENCE IN CONSTRUCTION EAGLE AWARD WINNER
The 198,000 sq. ft. research facility was the first to begin construction at the new Lake Nona Campus. In addition to the goal of attaining LEED Silver, the building houses state-of-the-art laboratories and a vivarium with an extremely controlled environment. The coordination effort from the construction team was massive and with the cooperation of everyone the results were impressive. The plumbing alone had over 24 miles of pipe! Our employees received specific training to install some systems and our team was extremely proud of this project.
- Installed Domestic water, Animal water, Laboratory water systems
- Reverse Osmosis water systems
- Installed Chemical waste, Storm and Sanitary systems
- Installed two Natural gas systems
- Installed Lab vacuum, Compressed air regular and high pressure, Carbon dioxide and two specialty gas systems